I, ________________________________, DO HEREBY DECLARE MYSELF willing to assume the duties and responsibilities of the office of SECRETARY OF THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST DISTRICT OF KEY CLUB INTERNATIONAL.
I FULLY REALIZE, IF ELECTED, I WILL:
- Strive, at all times, to strengthen and build Key Club membership in the District.
- Maintain the quality of my schoolwork and keep up to date, so that permission may be secured from my parents and school authorities for occasional absences on Key Club business.
- Attend all official board meetings and provide a report on your activities at each meeting.
- Maintain and distribute the minutes from every official board meeting within 15 days of said meeting.
- Attend the International Convention during my term of office and the District Secretary’s Workshop.
- Attend the District Convention at the beginning and end of my term.
- Submit at least four (4) articles for the District publication. .
- Establish and maintain at least monthly communication with Secretaries.
- Provide club secretary training as requested.
- Serve actively on at least one District Board committee.
- Present the secretary training workshop at the Pacific Northwest Key Club District Convention at the end of my term of office.
- Assist the Governor by leading problem-solving discussions at board meetings, read monthly newsletters and reports of your lieutenant governors, and respond to questions about divisional/club issues.
- Maintain active membership in a local Key Club while in office.
- At all times, keep an open line of communication with the District Board members, Kiwanis-family counterparts and with the District Administrator.
- Attend all executive meetings and other special meetings when called.
- Provide monthly updates to the District Board.
- Develop and publish the District Directory of club information for distribution to all Pacific Northwest District Key Clubs by August 31.
I acknowledge that the above does not represent a complete listing of the responsibilities of Secretary of the Pacific Northwest District. Future training from Key Club International and the District Administrator will provide me with additional responsibilities and goals.
See PDF for official form.