Member and District Resources Committee
Key Club International Icebreakers From Afar
Looking to break the ice during your meetings? Try these great ideas:
- Hosting Online Kahoots – Create Kahoots about Key Club or individual members.
- Online Scavenger Hunts – Create a list of common items for members to find. Encourage them to take photos with the items and send them to the group.
- 2 Truths And A Lie – One person states three things about themselves, 2 truths and one lie. The group must determine which one is the lie.
- Acrostic Poems – Participants use their first name to create a short poem. Writing their name vertically, they use each letter to start a line that describes something about themselves.
- Childhood Dream – Ask participants to share a childhood dream. Where do they envision themselves in the future? What is the greatest aspiration?
- Would You Rather – Ask participants “Would you rather…” questions, and let them answer. Challenge them to make up some of their own!
- Tell A Short Story In 7 Words
- Describe Your Mood As A Color
Take a minute to watch members of the member and district resources committee talk about some of these activities:
- James Oscar from the Wisconsin-Upper Michigan District
- Chase Capello from the Illinois-Iowa District
- Savannah Bedell from the Carolinas District
- Katie Huynh from the Pacific Northwest District
Additional 2022 Icebreaker Ideas
5 min Icebreaker Questions
- What is the last photo/text on your phone?
- If you could only eat one food item for the rest of your life, what would you eat?
- If you could compete in any Olympic sport and be good at it what sport would you choose?
- Would you rather sing like Beyonce or shoot 3’s like Stephen Curry?
- What would be the biggest red flag to you when meeting someone?
- If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be?
- What artist/band would you be embarrassed to admit you listen to?
- If your parents were to do a deep search in your room, would they be surprised, disappointed, or neither?
- Who is or who do people tell you is your celebrity look-alike?
- Did you ever have a Disney/cartoon character that you were inexplicably afraid of as a kid? If so who?
10+ min Icebreaker Ideas
- Kahoot – Kahoot can be very engaging and fun for all members during meetings if done correctly. The topic of the Kahoot should preferably be on Key Club Trivia so members are able to learn more about Key Club while having fun.
- Charades – Charades can be an excellent way to engage all members during your meetings by having one person stand in the front of the room and guess what the word above their head is by watching the other members act it out.
- 10 Things in Common – Form groups of 3-4 people and try to find a minimum of 10 things that they all have in common.
- Bingo – Create bingo cards with a characteristic like “plays a sport” or “has at least three siblings” in each square. Everyone mingles and asks each other questions attempting to get a Bingo
- Two Truths One Lie – Putting members either in pairs or groups of 3 and having them share out two truths and one lie can be a good way to help people get to know each other better.